Monday, February 1, 2016

Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf


Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf


I really enjoyed this book the only thing I had a problem with was how fast Sarah went from happily loving her husband to accusing him of something awful; she never gave him the benefit of the doubt for a second she went right to worst case scenario. Now I am a cynical person and I don't know how I would react in this situation however I know I would give my man of 19 years the benefit of doubt before I went straight crazy. I could understand if he had a history of lying but he didn't, they were happy so how could she believe the worst so fast.

There are huge family secrets here and Sarah is reeling as she starts to uncover things about her husband and his family that she never knew and honestly she goes a little off the rails to uncover more and more no matter what kind of danger that puts her in.

I actually felt bad for Jack; I think he put these events behind him because he didn’t want to look too closely and because of how he was treated at the time. Then Sarah pushes and pushes him but doesn’t wait for an answer, he has kept this all inside for long but she doesn’t give him a chance to deal with everything before she thinks he is a killer.

There were times I wanted to smack Sarah and a few times I yelled at Jack to just tell her everything so she can stop being paranoid and so she knows the lies have nothing to do with her.

I don’t want to give anything more away, I thought this was a good book and a well told story.

3 ½ Stars

I received this book from Netgalley and the publisher for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment