Wednesday, February 4, 2015

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, Joe Layden



As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, Joe Layden

This is so much more than just Cary Elwes’s remembrances of filming the Princess Bride it is really all the surviving cast members’ story of the filming. If you are a fan I highly recommend this audiobook which has way more narrators than just Cary there are snippets from many of the stars plus Cary’s impressions of many of the cast.

I enjoyed knowing that the filming of this movie was as magical as the film itself. I really enjoyed all the stories about what a wonderful man Andre the Giant was and was a little surprised at how much everyone loved Mandy Patinkin given the things his recent co-workers have said about him and how much he loved making this film and being a part of it, I don’t know I guess you can’t believe everything you read about stars these days so was nice to hear Mandy’s take on this movie from his own point of view.

I really do think you have to be a fan of the Princess Bride to enjoy this book but if you aren’t a fan then you have obviously never seen the movie and need to remedy that immediately. This movie is a classic and is enjoyed by generations and I believe always will and this book was a nice addendum, a day in life say of the making of the film.

4 Stars


Now I need to go watch the movie again…

No comments:

Post a Comment